Codecision procedure in Law Enforcement
Main Entry: Law Enforcement in the Legal Dictionary. This section provides, in the context of Law Enforcement, a partial definition of codecision procedure.
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Police Officer
- Law Enforcement Agency
- codecision procedure in A Dictionary of Law Enforcement (Oxford University Press)
- codecision procedure in the Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement
- A Treatise on the Police of the Metropolis
Meaning of Codecision Procedure
In the context of Europe, and according to A Dictionary of Law, the following is a definition of Codecision Procedure : A procedure introduced by the *Maastricht Treaty that gives the *European Parliament a power to veto certain legislative proposals. If the *Council of the European Union and the European Parliament fail to agree after a second reading of the proposal by the Parliament, a conciliation committee of the Council and Parliament will attempt to reach a compromise. If no compromise is reached, the Parliament can reject the measure by absolute majority voting.
Compare assent procedure; cooperation procedure.
Hierarchical Display of Codecision procedure
Meaning of Codecision procedure
Overview and more information about Codecision procedure
For a more comprehensive understanding of Codecision procedure, see in the general part of the online platform.[rtbs name=”xxx-xxx”]
Translation of Codecision procedure
- Spanish: Procedimiento de codecisión
- French: Procédure de codécision
- German: Mitentscheidungsverfahren
- Italian: Procedura di codecisione
- Portuguese: Processo de codecisão
- Polish: Procedura współdecydowania