Answer in the law of the United States
Answer: Related U.S. Resources
- Answer in the American Law Encyclopedia
- Civil Judicial Process Keywords in the U.S. Legal Corpus
- Civil Process Topics in the United States Legal Dictionary
Counter Claim (in the U.S. Legal Encyclopedia)pleading, 239.
English Legal System: Answer
In the context of the English law, A Dictionary of Law provides the following legal concept of Answer :
1. A reply to a request for further information (See interrogatory).
2. A statement of case served by the respondent to a petition, e.g. an answer to a divorce petitio It is equivalent to the *defence served by the defendant in response to a claim form.
Answer Meaning in the U.S. Court System
The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for his or her defense.
Meaning of Answer in the U.S. Legal System
Definition of Answer published by the National Association for Court Management: The defendant’s response to the plaintiffs allegations as stated in a complaint. An item-by-item, paragraphby-paragraph response to points made in a complaint; part of the pleadings.
Answer (Civil Judicial Process)