Legal Definition and Related Resources of Mental Retardation
Synonyms and Definition Contents
- Legal Definition and Related Resources of Mental Retardation
- Meaning of Mental Retardation
- A state of significant subnormal intellectual development with reduction of social competence in a minor or adult person which has existed prior to adolescence and is expected to be of life duration. The significant sub- average general intellectual functioning existing concurrently with defects in adaptive behavior manifested during the developmental period .
- Adoption Legal Definition of Mental Retardation
- Impaired or incomplete mental development characterized by an IQ of 70 or below and characterized by significant functional limitations in at least two of the following skills: communication, self-care, home living, social/interpersonal skills, use of community resources, self-direction, functional academic skills, work, leisure, health and safety. Onset usually occurs before age 18. More than 200 specific causes of mental retardation have been identified. Degrees of severity reflect the level of…(more)
- Related Entries of Mental Retardation in the Encyclopedia of Law Project
- Meaning of Mental Retardation
- Mental Retardation in Historical Law
- Articles found in Internet
Meaning of Mental Retardation
Adoption Legal Definition of Mental Retardation
Related Entries of Mental Retardation in the Encyclopedia of Law Project
Browse or run a search for Mental Retardation in the American Encyclopedia of Law, the Asian Encyclopedia of Law, the European Encyclopedia of Law, the UK Encyclopedia of Law or the Latin American and Spanish Encyclopedia of Law.
Mental Retardation in Historical Law
For more information about Historical Law definitions, see Historical Definitions in the Encyclopedia of Law. For more information about Historical Law Books and Legal Documents, see Legal Encyclopedia of Historical Books and Documents and Legal Encyclopedia of Books and Documents of the 20th Century.
Legal Abbreviations and Acronyms
Search for legal acronyms and/or abbreviations containing Mental Retardation in the Legal Abbreviations and Acronyms Dictionary. The Legal Abbreviations and Acronyms Dictionary entries include explanations of the context of abbreviations or acronyms as well as the direct meaning.
Related Legal Terms
You might be also interested in these legal terms:
Mentioned in these terms
Articles found in InternetA | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Cite this entryLegal Citations Generator
|(2013, 03). Mental Retardation legaldictionary.lawin.org Retrieved 01, 2015, from http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/mental-retardation|
|"Mental Retardation" legaldictionary.lawin.org. 03 2013. 01 2015 <http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/mental-retardation>|
|"Mental Retardation" legaldictionary.lawin.org. legaldictionary.lawin.org, 03 2013. Web. 01 2015. <http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/mental-retardation>|
|"Mental Retardation" legaldictionary.lawin.org. 03, 2013. Accesed 01 2015. http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/mental-retardation|
|Adoptive Family, 'Mental Retardation' (legaldictionary.lawin.org 2013) <http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/mental-retardation> accesed 2015 January 31|
This entry was last modified: March 1, 2013