Legal Definition and Related Resources of Encroachment
Synonyms and Definition Contents
- Legal Definition and Related Resources of Encroachment
- Meaning of Encroachment
- The unauthorized extending of the bundaries of one's land into that of another. To gain unlawfully the lands, property or authority of another by a gradual or partial assumption of right . Miami corporation v state , 173 So. 315, 186 La. 784; to intrude unlawfully upon thè right of possession of another. State v Scott, 132 A. 685, 82 N.H. 278. The term denotes the absence of any right of possession on the part of the intruder . Bier v Walbaum, 131 A. 888, 108 N.J. Law 368.
- Encroachment Alternative Definition
- Synonyms of Encroachment
- Related Entries of Encroachment in the Encyclopedia of Law Project
- Meaning of Encroachment
- Encroachment in Historical Law
- Vocabularies (Semantic Web Information)
- Encroachment in the United States
- Encroachment in Connecticut
- Where trees are located on the property of one party and their roots or branches extend onto the property of a second party, the latter may lop off the branches or roots up to the line of his land (more in the U.S.). Robinson v. Clapp, 65 Connecticut (provision) 365, 377, 32 A. 939 [later appealed 67 Connecticut (provision) 538, 35 A. 504(1896)]. We find nothing in the zoning regulations abrogating this right. This does not mean, of course, that complete disregard for the welfare of the trees is permitted. McCrann v. Town Plan & Zoning Commission, 161 Connecticut (provision) 65, 75, 282 A.2d 900 (1971).
- Encroachment in Connecticut
- Articles found in Internet
Meaning of Encroachment
Encroachment Alternative Definition
An unlawful extension of one's right upon the lands of another. An alteration by the owner of an easement of the dominant tenement, so as to impose an additional burden on the servient tenement. Gale, Easm. 615.
Synonyms of Encroachment
- entrance by stealth
- entrance upon the domain of another
- illegal intrusion
- real estate trespass
- unlawful invasion
- wrongful entry
- wrongful ingress Associated Concepts: adverse possession
- common nuissance
- public nuissance
Related Entries of Encroachment in the Encyclopedia of Law Project
Browse or run a search for Encroachment in the American Encyclopedia of Law, the Asian Encyclopedia of Law, the European Encyclopedia of Law, the UK Encyclopedia of Law or the Latin American and Spanish Encyclopedia of Law.
Encroachment in Historical Law
You might be interested in the historical meaning of this term. Browse or search for Encroachment in Historical Law in the Encyclopedia of Law.
For more information about Historical Law definitions, see Historical Definitions in the Encyclopedia of Law. For more information about Historical Law Books and Legal Documents, see Legal Encyclopedia of Historical Books and Documents and Legal Encyclopedia of Books and Documents of the 20th Century.
Legal Abbreviations and Acronyms
Search for legal acronyms and/or abbreviations containing Encroachment in the Legal Abbreviations and Acronyms Dictionary. The Legal Abbreviations and Acronyms Dictionary entries include explanations of the context of abbreviations or acronyms as well as the direct meaning.
Related Legal Terms
You might be also interested in these legal terms:
Mentioned in these terms
Translate Encroachment from English to Spanish
Translation of Encroachment , with examples. More about free online translation into Spanish of Intrusión and other legal terms is available here.
- Legal English Translation
You might be interested in these references tools:
|Encroachment in the Dictionary||Encroachment in our legal dictionaries||Browse the Legal Thesaurus||Find synonyms and related words of Encroachment|
|Legal Maxims||Maxims are established principles that jurists use as interpretive tools, invoked more frequently in international law|
|Legal Answers (Q&A)||A community-driven knowledge creation process, of enduring value to a broad audience|
|Related topics||Encroachment in the World Encyclopedia of Law|
All the vocabularies in the Lawi Project are classified by type and subject domain. The purpose of Vocabularies is to facilitate the search and finding of the content by the use of controlled/code lists or controlled subject vocabularies. For browsing, select any type of vocabulary.
|Classification System||Principle-based method of organization.|
|Legal Index||Detailed list of terms describing the content|
|Ontology||A set of types, properties and relationships, using open vocabularies|
|Synonym Ring||Retrieval-equivalent group of terms|
|Subject Headings List||Alphabetical list with cross-references|
|Taxonomy||Hierarchical collection of controlled vocabulary terms|
|Thesaurus||A structured controlled vocabulary|
|Topic Map||A group of names, occurrences and associations|
|Topic Tree||A topic display format, showing the hierarchy|
|Sitemap Index||Sitemap Index, including Taxonomies|
|http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/encroachment/||The URI of Encroachment (more about URIs)|
Encroachment in the United States
Encroachment in Connecticut
Articles found in InternetA | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Law is our Passion
This entry about Encroachment has been published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 (CC BY 3.0) licence, which permits unrestricted use and reproduction, provided the author or authors of the Encroachment entry and the Encyclopedia of Law are in each case credited as the source of the Encroachment entry. Please note this CC BY licence applies to some textual content of Encroachment, and that some images and other textual or non-textual elements may be covered by special copyright arrangements. For guidance on citing Encroachment (giving attribution as required by the CC BY licence), please see below our recommendation of "Cite this Entry".
Cite this entryLegal Citations Generator
|(2013, 05). Encroachment legaldictionary.lawin.org Retrieved 05, 2015, from http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/encroachment|
|"Encroachment" legaldictionary.lawin.org. 05 2013. 05 2015 <http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/encroachment>|
|"Encroachment" legaldictionary.lawin.org. legaldictionary.lawin.org, 05 2013. Web. 05 2015. <http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/encroachment>|
|"Encroachment" legaldictionary.lawin.org. 05, 2013. Accesed 05 2015. http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/encroachment|
|Asian Law, 'Encroachment' (legaldictionary.lawin.org 2013) <http://legaldictionary.lawin.org/encroachment> accesed 2015 May 26|
- Article Name: Encroachment
- Author: Asian Law
- Description: The unauthorized extending of the bundaries of one's land into that of another. To gain unlawfully the lands, property [...]
This entry was last modified: February 3, 2014